Show Summary Details
Fiscal Monitor, September 2011
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Reassuring Markets about Fiscal Sustainability in the Euro Area
- 3. The Dog That Didn’t Bark (So Far): Low Interest Rates in the United States and Japan
- 4. Too Good to Be True? Fiscal Developments in Emerging Economies
- 5. The Legacy of the Crisis: How Long Will It Take to Lower Public Debt?
- 6. Confronting Trade-Offs: Accommodating Spending Pressures in Low-Income Countries
- 7. Conclusion
- Appendix 1. “Fiscal Devaluation”: What Is It—and Does It Work?
- Appendix 2. Insights for Privatization Plans from Previous Large Episodes
- Appendix 3. The Importance of Monitoring Both Gross and Net Debt
- Appendix 4. Stock-Flow Adjustments and Their Determinants
- Methodological and Statistical Appendix