V. Issues for Discussion
- Tubagus Feridhanusetyawan, Alun Thomas, Tessa Van der Willigen, Uma Ramakrishnan, S. Reichold, Juan Zalduendo, and James Walsh
- Published Date:
- September 2005
Show Summary Details
Directors may wish to focus their interventions on the following general issues:
- How do Directors view the nature and extent of recent changes in the way conditionality is formulated and programs are designed?
- Do Directors view these changes as unambiguously positive, or do they see risks?
- In what areas do Directors see scope for further changes?
- As an aside, would Directors consider it reasonable to return to these issues in more depth in 2008 (instead of 2007 as currently mandated), in order to allow for sufficient experience to accumulate for better judgments to be made as to the appropriateness of the guidelines?