Part I: Elections, Ideology, and Political Fragmentation
- Vitor Gaspar, Sanjeev Gupta, and Carlos Mulas-Granados
- Published Date:
- April 2017
Show Summary Details
- Chapter 2. Governments and Promised Fiscal Consolidations: Do They Mean What They Say?
- Chapter 3. Fiscal Policy over the Election Cycle in Low-Income Countries
- Chapter 4. Economic and Political Determinants of Tax Policies in OECD Countries
- Chapter 5. Now or Later? The Political Economy of Public Investment in Democracies
- Chapter 6. Do Elections Affect the Wage Bill?
- Chapter 7. Energy Subsidies and Public Social Spending: Theory and Evidence
- Chapter 8. It’s Politics, Stupid! Political Constraints Determine Governments’ Reactions to the Great Recession
- Chapter 9. Fragmented Politics and Public Debt