Show Summary Details
China's Economy in Transition
- Introduction and Overview
- togglePart I: A Shift in Focus: From External to Internal Imbalances
- Chapter 1. An End to China’s Imbalances?
- Chapter 2. Investment in China: Too Much of a Good Thing?
- Chapter 3. China’s Rapid Investment, Potential Output, and Output Gap
- Chapter 4. Determinants of Corporate Investment in China: Evidence from Cross-Country Firm-Level Data
- Chapter 5. Interest Rates, Targets, and Household Saving in Urban China
- togglePart II: Implications for China’s Trading Partners
- togglePart III: Policy Implications
- Chapter 9. Chronicle of a Decline Foretold: Has China Reached the Lewis Turning Point?
- Chapter 10. How Pro-Poor and Inclusive Is China’s Growth? A Cross-Country Perspective
- Chapter 11. De-Monopolization toward Long-Term Prosperity in China
- Chapter 12. Transforming China: Insights from the Japanese Experience of the 1980s
- Chapter 13. The Next Big Bang: A Road Map for Financial Reform in China
- Chapter 14. Summation