- International Monetary Fund
- Published Date:
- March 1997
The Economic Issues Series
1. Growth in East Asia: What We Can and What We Cannot Infer. Michael Sarel. 1996.
2. Does the Exchange Rate Regime Matter for Inflation and Growth? Atish R. Ghosh, Anne-Marie Gulde, Jonathan D. Ostry, and Holger Wolf. 1996.
3. Confronting Budget Deficits. 1996.
4. Fiscal Reforms That Work. C. John McDermott and Robert F. Wescott. 1996.
5. Transformations to Open Market Operations: Developing Economies and Emerging Markets. Stephen H. Axilrod. 1996.
6. Why Worry About Corruption? Paolo Mauro. 1997.
7. Sterilizing Capital Inflows. Jang-Yung Lee. 1997.
Jang-Yung Lee received his Ph.D. in Economics from New York University. He wrote this paper while he was an economist in the IMF’s Monetary and Exchange Affairs Department. Mr. Lee is now with the Korean Development Institute.