- International Monetary Fund. Statistics Dept.
- Published Date:
- February 2016
IMF COMMITTEE ON BALANCE OF PAYMENTS STATISTICS 2015 ANNUAL REPORT
February 4, 2016
The 2015 Annual Report of the IMF Committee on Balance of Payments Statistics (Committee) provides an overview of recent trends in global balance of payments and international investment position (IIP) statistics, summarizes the Committee’s work program during 2015, and presents the work program of the Committee in the coming year.
During 2015, the IMF Statistics Department (STA), in consultation with the Committee, continued work in implementing the sixth edition of the Balance of Payments and International Investment Position Manual (BPM6), made significant progress in expanding the availability of external sector statistics for surveillance and analytical purposes, and continued providing guidance on emerging conceptual and methodological issues.
In 2016, the top priorities of the Committee and STA will remain the implementation of BPM6 by developing a tailored approach for countries with low resource and statistical capacity, closing data gaps on cross-border financial interconnectedness and balance sheet analysis, and providing methodological guidance on emerging issues.
The full set of papers presented at the Committee’s 2015 meeting is available at http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/bop/2015/28.htm.
Louis Marc Ducharme
Prepared by Manik Shrestha, Alicia Hierro, and Tamara Razin of Statistics Department
- RECENT TRENDS IN GLOBAL BALANCE OF PAYMENTS AND IIP DATA
- WORK UNDERTAKEN BY THE IMF STATISTICS DEPARTMENT (STA) AND THE COMMITTEE IN 2015
- A. Implementation of the BPM6
- B. Global Discrepancies
- C. Cross-border Interconnectedness and IIP Enhancements
- D. Conceptual Issues
- E. Updating the BPM6
- F. Work of Other International Organizations
- MEDIUM–TERM WORK PROGRAM FOR 2016
- 1. Global Balances on Current Account
- 2. Global Assets and Liabilities
- I. Terms of Reference of the IMF Committee on Balance of Payments Statistics
- II. Membership of the IMF Committee on Balance of Payments Statistics and Representatives of International Organizations
- III. Medium–Term Work Program of the IMF Committee on Balance of Payments Statistics for 2016
Bank for International Settlements
Balance of Payments Statistics Yearbook
Balance of Payments Manual, fifth edition
Balance of Payments and International Investment Position Manual, sixth edition
Coordinated Direct Investment Survey
Currency Composition of Official Foreign Exchange Reserves
IMF Committee on Balance of Payments Statistics
Coordinated Portfolio Investment Survey
Data Gaps Initiative
International investment position
International Financial Statistics
System of National Accounts
IMF Statistics Department