Show Summary Details
Finance & Development, December 1973
- The Language of Demographers: 1974 is population year: What do the experts mean by …?
- “Population Policy in Developed Countries”: An in-depth preview of a book which will command wide attention during World Population Year in 1974.
- A Family View of Population Questions: Government attitudes to population planning may not be shared by individual families.
- “Nature’s Feast” Today: The history and politics of population increase.
- Population and the World Bank: Excessive population growth can threaten economic progress--what is the World Bank doing to help LDCs ?
- Toward the Year 2000: Amidst the mass of statistics available on population, some key numbers stand out.
- To Float or Not to Float: One of the fundamental choices facing international monetary reformers.
- Export Incentives in Colombia: Colombia has used multiple exchange rates, fiscal incentives and special credit facilities to promote the growth of minor exports.
- The Bank Group Meeting: There was consensus on the need to ameliorate the deprivation of absolute poverty suffered by 800 million people in the developing world.
- The Fund Meeting: The urgency of international monetary reform was the major theme of the Meeting.
- Book Notices
- Fund Activity
- Bank Group Activity