Evaluation of the IMF’s Role in Poverty Reduction Strategy Papers and the Poverty Reduction and Growth Facility
- David Goldsbrough, Isabelle Mateos y Lago, Martin Kaufman, Daouda Sembene, Tsidi Tsikata, Steve Mugerwa, Alex Segura-Ubiergo, and Jeff Chelsky
- Published Date:
- September 2004
Show Summary Details
- Summary of Major Findings, Lessons, and Recommendations
- Chapter 1 Introduction: Origin and Objectives of the PRSP and the PRGF and Scope of the Evaluation
- Chapter 2 Implementation of the PRS Approach in Areas Relevant to the IMF Mandate
- Chapter 3 Joint Staff Assessments
- Chapter 4 PRGF-Supported Program Design
- Chapter 5 The IMF’s Way of Doing Business
- Chapter 6 Is the New Approach Making a Difference?
- Annex 1 Survey of PRSP Stakeholders
- Annex 2 Results from Survey of IMF Staff1
- Annex 3 PRSP Sourcebook: Does It Provide Adequate Space for Policy Flexibility, and Is It Based on Strong Empirical Evidence?
- Annex 4 Assessment of the Adaptation of the IMF’s Internal Policy Process
- Annex 5 Modalities of Participatory Processes: How Broad-Based Has Participation Been?
- Annex 6 Qualitative Appraisal of JointStaff Assessments
- Annex 7 Determinants of Targeted and Actual Fiscal Adjustment
- Annex 8 Composition of Targeted Changes in Expenditures and External Financing in IMF-Supported Programs
- Annex 9 Changes in Domestic Policy Processes and Institutions: Evidence from Case Studies
- Back Matter
You are not logged in and do not have access to this content. Please login or, to subscribe to IMF eLibrary, please click here