Provisions Relating to the Conduct of the Meetings
- International Monetary Fund. Secretary's Department
- Published Date:
- October 1977
1. Sessions of the Boards of Governors of the Bank, IFC and IDA and the Fund will be joint and shall be open to accredited observers, the press, guests and staff.
2. Meetings of the Joint Procedures Committee shall be open only to Governors who are members of the Committee and their advisers, Executive Directors, and such staff as may be necessary.
Procedure and Records
3. The Chairman of the Boards of Governors will establish the order of speaking at each session. Governors signifying a desire to speak will generally be recognized in the order in which they asked to speak.
4. With the consent of the Chairman, a Governor may extend his statement in the record following advance submission of the text to the Secretaries.
5. The Secretaries will have verbatim transcripts prepared of the proceedings of the Boards of Governors and the Joint Procedures Committee. The transcripts of proceedings of the Joint Procedures Committee will be confidential and available only to the Chairman, the President of the Bank and its Affiliates, the Managing Director of the Fund and the Secretaries.
6. Reports of the Joint Procedures Committee shall be signed by the Committee Chairman and the Reporting Members.
7. The Chairman of the Boards of Governors, the President of the Bank and its Affiliates and the Managing Director of the Fund will communicate to the press such information concerning the proceedings of the Annual Meetings as they may deem suitable.