Back to Basics
Last updated: March 29, 2022
Finance and Development’s Back to Basics series explains fundamental economic concepts for a general audience. More than 70 articles and videos focus on relevant topics making the headlines and provide a better understanding of how economic issues can affect our daily lives.
- Value-Added Tax Continues to Expand
- What are Global Public Goods?
- What is Mitigation vs. Adaptation?
- Risk and Return: The Search for Yield
- What is the Informal Economy?
- What is Debt Sustainability?
- How Can Interest Rates Be Negative?
- What Is Stress Testing? – Checking the health of banks is crucial to financial stability
- Does a Minimum Wage Help Workers?
- What is Universal Basic Income?
For all of the Back to Basics articles, click here.
To see all videos, click on the Playlist icon on the right corner of the video window or click here to see the list on Youtube.
Finance & Development is the IMF's flagship magazine and online editorial platform with cutting-edge analysis and insight from IMF staff members and international experts. Click here to see the latest edition along with a complete archive on eLibrary or the Web edition on IMF.org.