You are looking at 1 - 1 of 1 items for :
- Books and Analytical Papers x
- Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics?Environmental and Ecological Economics x
- Industries: General x
- International Economics x
- Formal and Informal Sectors; Shadow Economy; Institutional Arrangements x
- Money and Monetary Policy x
Armenia’s growth has picked up in 2011, led by manufacturing, mining, and services, while agriculture has rebounded from the collapse. Credit continues to grow rapidly, particularly in foreign currency and based on strong inflows to banks. Inflation has come down sharply, reflecting policy rate hikes, spending restraint, the agriculture recovery, and favorable global price developments. Challenges include safeguarding financial system stability, strengthening tax revenues to ensure sustainability and support pro-growth and pro-poor spending, improving the business environment to enhance growth and reduce poverty and unemployment, and reducing external imbalances.