- International Monetary Fund. Western Hemisphere Dept.
- Published Date:
- April 2015
World Economic and Financial Surveys
Regional Economic Outlook
Northern Spring, Southern Chills
©2015 International Monetary Fund
Regional economic outlook. Western Hemisphere. – Washington, D.C. : International Monetary Fund, 2006–
v. ; cm. – (World economic and financial surveys, 0258-7440)
Once a year.
Began in 2006.
Some issues have thematic titles.
1. Economic forecasting – North America – Periodicals. 2. Economic forecasting – Latin America – Periodicals. 3. Economic forecasting – Caribbean Area – Periodicals. 4. North America – Economic conditions – Periodicals. 5. Latin America – Economic conditions – 1982 – Periodicals. 6. Caribbean Area – Economic conditions – Periodicals. 7. Economic development – North America – Periodicals. 8. Economic development – Latin America. 9. Economic development – Caribbean Area. I. Title: Western Hemisphere. II. International Monetary Fund. III. Series: World economic and financial surveys.
ISBN: 978-1-49831-212-7 (paper)
ISBN: 978-1-48432-623-7 (web PDF)
Please send orders to:
International Monetary Fund, Publication Services
700 19th St. N.W., Washington, D.C. 20431, U.S.A.
Tel.: (202) 623-7430 Telefax: (202) 623-7201
- Executive Summary
- 1. The United States, Canada, and the World: Outlook and Policy Challenges
- 2. Outlook and Policy Challenges for Latin America and the Caribbean
- 3. The Commodity Price Bust: Fiscal and External Implications for Latin America
- 4. Recent Investment Weakness in Latin America: Is There a Puzzle?
- 5. Long-Run Growth in Latin America and the Caribbean: The Role of Economic Diversification and Complexity
- List of Country Abbreviations
- New Publications from the Western Hemisphere Department
- 1.1 Is the U.S. Shale Boom Over?
- 2.1 Credit Gaps in Latin America: Keeping a Watchful Eye
- 2.2 U.S. Dollar Strength and Economic Activity in Latin America
- 2.3 How Does the Oil Price Decline Affect Countries in Central America and the Caribbean?
- 3.1 Commodity Sector Activity and Fiscal Revenue—Direct Links
- 5.1 Defining and Measuring Economic Complexity
The April 2015 Regional Economic Outlook: Western Hemisphere was prepared by a team led by Hamid Faruqee and André Meier under the overall direction of Alejandro Werner and the guidance of Krishna Srinivasan. The team included Steve Brito, Carlos Caceres, Bertrand Gruss, Genevieve Lindow, Nicolás E. Magud, Natalija Novta, Sebastián Sosa, Fabiano Rodrigues Bastos, and Ben Sutton. In addition, Stephan Danninger, Lusine Lusinyan, and Andrea Pescatori contributed to Chapter 1; Gabriel Di Bella, Pablo Druck, and Jaume Puig Forné contributed to Chapter 2; and Ke Wang contributed to Chapter 5. Production assistance was provided by Maria S. Gutierrez with support from Misael Galdamez; Joanne Creary Johnson of the Communications Department coordinated editing and production, with assistance from Katy Whipple. This report reflects developments and staff projections through early April 2015.