- Atish Ghosh, Juan Zalduendo, Alun Thomas, Jun Kim, Uma Ramakrishnan, and Bikas Joshi
- Published Date:
- May 2008
AllenM.C.RosenbergC.KellerB.Setser and N.Roubini2002 “A Balance Sheet Approach to Financial Crisis,” IMF Working Paper No. 02/210 (Washington: International Monetary Fund).
Ben-AkivaM. and S.Lerman1987Discrete Choice Analysis: Theory and Application to Travel Demand (Cambridge, Massachusetts: MIT Press).
BirdG. and D.Rowlands2002 “Do IMF Programmes Have a Catalytic Effect on Other International Capital Flows?” Oxford Development Studies Vol. 30 No. 3 pp. 229–49.
CorsettiG.B.Guimaraes and N.Roubini2003 “International Lending of Last Resort and Moral Hazard: A Model of IMF’s Catalytic Finance,” NBER Working Paper No. 10125 (Cambridge, Massachusetts: National Bureau of Economic Research).
CottarelliC. and C.Giannini2002 “Bedfellows, Hostages, or Perfect Strangers? Global Capital Markets and the Catalytic Effect of IMF Crisis Lending,” IMF Working Paper No. 02/193 (Washington: International Monetary Fund).
DasekingC.A.GhoshA.Thomas and T.Lane2005Lessons from the Crisis in Argentina IMF Occasional Paper No. 236 (Washington: International Monetary Fund).
EichengreenB.P.Gupta and A.Mody2005“Sudden Stops and IMF Programs”paper prepared for the Inter-American Seminar on Macroeconomics, Rio de Janeiro, December 3–4.
EichengreenB.K.Kletzer and A.Mody2005 “The IMF in a World of Private Capital Markets,” IMF Working Paper No. 05/84 (Washington: International Monetary Fund).
EichengreenB. and A.Mody1998 “What Explains Changing Spreads on Emerging-Market Debt: Fundamentals or Market Sentiment?” NBER Working Paper No. 6408 (Cambridge, Massachusetts: National Bureau of Economic Research).
EverittB.1993Cluster Analysis (London: Edward Arnold,3rd ed.).
FloodR. and P.Garber1984 “Collapsing Exchange-Rate Regimes: Some Linear Examples,” Journal of International Economics Vol. 17(August) pp. 1–13.
FloodR. and N.Marion1998 “Perspectives on the Recent Currency Crisis Literature,” NBER Working Paper No. 6380 (Cambridge, Massachusetts: National Bureau of Economic Research).
GhoshA.C.ChristofidesJ.KimL.PapiU.RamakrishnanA.Thomas and J.Zalduendo2005The Design of IMF-Supported Programs IMF Occasional Paper No. 241 (Washington: International Monetary Fund).
GhoshA.T.LaneM.Schulze-GhattasA.BulířJ.Hamann and A.Mourmouras2002IMF-Supported Programs in Capital Account Crises IMF Occasional Paper No. 210 (Washington: International Monetary Fund).
GoldJ.1970The Stand-By Arrangements of the International Monetary Fund (Washington: International Monetary Fund).
HaldaneA.1999 “Private Sector Involvement in Financial Crises: Analytics and Public Policy Approaches,” Financial Stability Review (London: Bank of England),pp. 184–202.
International Monetary Fund (IMF)2003 “Adapting Precautionary Arrangements to Crisis Prevention”;available via the Internet at www.imf.org/external/np/pdr/fac/2003/061103.htm.
International Monetary Fund (IMF)2004 “Signaling by the Fund—A Historical Review”;available via the Internet at www.imf.org/external/np/ pdr/signal/2004/071604.htm.
International Monetary Fund (IMF)2005 “Review of the 2002 Conditionality Guidelines”;available via the Internet at www.imf.org/external/np/ pp/eng/2005/030305.pdf.
International Monetary Fund (IMF)2006a “Precautionary Arrangements: Purposes and Performance”;available via the Internet at www.imf. org/external/np/pp/eng/2006/032306p.pdf.
International Monetary Fund (IMF)2006b “IMF-Supported Programs and Crisis Prevention”;available via the Internet at www.imf.org/ external/np/pp/eng/2006/032306.pdf.
International Monetary Fund (IMF)2007 “Fund Financial Support and Moral Hazard: Analytics and Empirics”;available via the Internet at www.imf.org/external/np/pp/eng/2007/030207.pdf.
KaminskyG.C.Reinhart1999 “The Twin Crises: The Causes of Banking and Balance-of-Payments Problems,” American Economic Review Vol. 89(June) pp. 473–501.
KimJ.2006 “IMF-Supported Programs and Crisis Prevention: An Analytical Framework,” IMF Working Paper No. 06/156 (Washington: International Monetary Fund).
KrugmanP.1979 “A Model of Balance-of-Payments Crises,” Journal of Money Credit and Banking Vol. 11 No. 3 pp. 311–25.
ModyA. and D.Saravia2003 “Catalyzing Capital Flows: Do IMF-Supported Programs Work as Commitment Devices?” IMF Working Paper No. 03/100 (Washington: International Monetary Fund).
MorrisS. and H. S.Shin2005 “Catalytic Finance: When Does It Work?” revised version of Cowles Foundation Discussion Paper No. 1400 (New Haven, Connecticut: Yale University).
ObstfeldM.1994 “The Logic of Currency Crises,” Cahiers Économiques et Monétaires No. 43 pp. 189–213.
PenalverA.2002 “How Can the IMF Catalyze Private Capital Flows? A Model” (unpublished; London: Bank of England).
RamakrishnanU. and J.Zalduendo2006 “The Role of IMF Support in Crisis Prevention,” IMF Working Paper No. 06/75 (Washington: International Monetary Fund).
RodrikD.2006 “The Social Costs of Foreign Exchange Reserves,” paper prepared for the American Economic Association MeetingsJanuary.
RosenbergC.I.HalikiasB.HouseC.KellerJ.NystedtA.Pitt and B.Setser2005Debt-Related Vulnerabilities and Financial Crises: An Application of the Balance Sheet Approach to Emerging Market Countries IMF Occasional Paper No. 240 (Washington: International Monetary Fund).
RoubiniN. and B.Setser2004Bailouts or Bail-Ins? Responding to Financial Crises in Emerging Markets (Washington: Institute for International Economics).
Recent Occasional Papers of the International Monetary Fund
- 262. IMF Support and Crisis Prevention, by Atish R. Ghosh, Bikas Joshi, Jun Il Kim, Uma Ramakrishnan, Alun Thomas, and Juan Zalduendo. 2008.
- 261. Exchange Rate Assessments: CGER Methodologies, by Jaewoo Lee, Gian Maria Milesi-Ferretti, Jonathan Ostry, Luca Antonio Ricci, and Alessandro Prati. 2008.
- 260. Managing the Oil Revenue Boom: The Role of Fiscal Institutions, by Rolando Ossowski, Mauricio Villafuerte, Paolo A. Medas, and Theo Thomas. 2008.
- 259. Macroeconomic Consequences of Remittances, by Ralph Chami, Adolfo Barajas, Thomas Cosimano, Connel Fullenkamp, Michael Gapen, and Peter Montiel. 2008.
- 258. Northern Star: Canada’s Path to Economic Prosperity, edited by Tamim Bayoumi, Vladimir Klyuev, and Martin Mühleisen. 2007.
- 257. Economic Growth and Integration in Central America, edited by Dominique Desruelle and Alfred Schipke. 2007.
- 256. Moving to Greater Exchange Rate Flexibility: Operational Aspects Based on Lessons from Detailed Country Experiences, by Inci Ötker-Robe and David Vávra, and a team of IMF economists. 2007.
- 255. Sovereign Debt Restructuring and Debt Sustainability: An Analysis of Recent Cross-Country Experience, by Harald Finger and Mauro Mecagni. 2007.
- 254. Country Insurance: The Role of Domestic Policies, by Törbjörn Becker, Olivier Jeanne, Paolo Mauro, Jonathan D. Ostry, and Romain Rancière. 2007.
- 253. The Macroeconomics of Scaling Up Aid: Lessons from Recent Experience, by Andrew Berg, Shekhar Aiyar, Mumtaz Hussain, Shaun Roache, Tokhir Mirzoev, and Amber Mahone. 2007.
- 252. Growth in the Central and Eastern European Countries of the European Union, by Susan Schadler, Ashoka Mody, Abdul Abiad, and Daniel Leigh. 2006.
- 251. The Design and Implementation of Deposit Insurance Systems, by David S. Hoelscher, Michael Taylor, and Ulrich H. Klueh. 2006.
- 250. Designing Monetary and Fiscal Policy in Low-Income Countries, by Abebe Aemro Selassie, Benedict Clements, Shamsuddin Tareq, Jan Kees Martijn, and Gabriel Di Bella. 2006.
- 249. Official Foreign Exchange Intervention, by Shogo Ishi, Jorge Iván Canales-Kriljenko, Roberto Guimarães, and Cem Karacadag. 2006.
- 248. Labor Market Performance in Transition: The Experience of Central and Eastern European Countries, by Jerald Schiff, Philippe Egoumé-Bossogo, Miho Ihara, Tetsuya Konuki, and Kornélia Krajnyák. 2006.
- 247. Rebuilding Fiscal Institutions in Post-Conflict Countries, by Sanjeev Gupta, Shamsuddin Tareq, Benedict Clements, Alex Segura-Ubiergo, Rina Bhattacharya, and Todd Mattina. 2005.
- 246. Experience with Large Fiscal Adjustments, by George C. Tsibouris, Mark A. Horton, Mark J. Flanagan, and Wojciech S. Maliszewski. 2005.
- 245. Budget System Reform in Emerging Economies: The Challenges and the Reform Agenda, by Jack Diamond. 2005.
- 244. Monetary Policy Implementation at Different Stages of Market Development, by a staff team led by Bernard J. Laurens. 2005.
- 243. Central America: Global Integration and Regional Cooperation, edited by Markus Rodlauer and Alfred Schipke. 2005.
- 242. Turkey at the Crossroads: From Crisis Resolution to EU Accession, by a staff team led by Reza Moghadam. 2005.
- 241. The Design of IMF-Supported Programs, by Atish Ghosh, Charis Christofides, Jun Kim, Laura Papi, Uma Ramakrishnan, Alun Thomas, and Juan Zalduendo. 2005.
- 240. Debt-Related Vulnerabilities and Financial Crises: An Application of the Balance Sheet Approach to Emerging Market Countries, by Christoph Rosenberg, Ioannis Halikias, Brett House, Christian Keller, Jens Nystedt, Alexander Pitt, and Brad Setser. 2005.
- 239. GEM: A New International Macroeconomic Model, by Tamim Bayoumi, with assistance from Douglas Laxton, Hamid Faruqee, Benjamin Hunt, Philippe Karam, Jaewoo Lee, Alessandro Rebucci, and Ivan Tchakarov. 2004.
- 238. Stabilization and Reforms in Latin America: A Macroeconomic Perspective on the Experience Since the Early 1990s, by Anoop Singh, Agnès Belaisch, Charles Collyns, Paula De Masi, Reva Krieger, Guy Meredith, and Robert Rennhack. 2005.
- 237. Sovereign Debt Structure for Crisis Prevention, by Eduardo Borensztein, Marcos Chamon, Olivier Jeanne, Paolo Mauro, and Jeromin Zettelmeyer. 2004.
- 236. Lessons from the Crisis in Argentina, by Christina Daseking, Atish R. Ghosh, Alun Thomas, and Timothy Lane. 2004.
- 235. A New Look at Exchange Rate Volatility and Trade Flows, by Peter B. Clark, Natalia Tamirisa, and Shang-Jin Wei, with Azim Sadikov and Li Zeng. 2004.
- 234. Adopting the Euro in Central Europe: Challenges of the Next Step in European Integration, by Susan M. Schadler, Paulo F. Drummond, Louis Kuijs, Zuzana Murgasova, and Rachel N. van Elkan. 2004.
- 233. Germany’s Three-Pillar Banking System: Cross-Country Perspectives in Europe, by Allan Brunner, Jörg Decressin, Daniel Hardy, and Beata Kudela. 2004.
- 232. China’s Growth and Integration into the World Economy: Prospects and Challenges, edited by Eswar Prasad. 2004.
- 231. Chile: Policies and Institutions Underpinning Stability and Growth, by Eliot Kalter, Steven Phillips, Marco A. Espinosa-Vega, Rodolfo Luzio, Mauricio Villafuerte, and Manmohan Singh. 2004.
- 230. Financial Stability in Dollarized Countries, by Anne-Marie Gulde, David Hoelscher, Alain Ize, David Marston, and Gianni De Nicolò. 2004.
- 229. Evolution and Performance of Exchange Rate Regimes, by Kenneth S. Rogoff, Aasim M. Husain, Ashoka Mody, Robin Brooks, and Nienke Oomes. 2004.
- 228. Capital Markets and Financial Intermediation in The Baltics, by Alfred Schipke, Christian Beddies, Susan M. George, and Niamh Sheridan. 2004.
- 227. U.S. Fiscal Policies and Priorities for Long-Run Sustainability, edited by Martin Mühleisen and Christopher Towe. 2004.
- 226. Hong Kong SAR: Meeting the Challenges of Integration with the Mainland, edited by Eswar Prasad, with contributions from Jorge Chan-Lau, Dora Iakova, William Lee, Hong Liang, Ida Liu, Papa N’Diaye, and Tao Wang. 2004.
- 225. Rules-Based Fiscal Policy in France, Germany, Italy, and Spain, by Teresa Dában, Enrica Detragiache, Gabriel di Bella, Gian Maria Milesi-Ferretti, and Steven Symansky. 2003.
- 224. Managing Systemic Banking Crises, by a staff team led by David S. Hoelscher and Marc Quintyn. 2003.
- 223. Monetary Union Among Member Countries of the Gulf Cooperation Council, by a staff team led by Ugo Fasano. 2003.
- 222. Informal Funds Transfer Systems: An Analysis of the Informal Hawala System, by Mohammed El Qorchi, Samuel Munzele Maimbo, and John F. Wilson. 2003.
- 221. Deflation: Determinants, Risks, and Policy Options, by Manmohan S. Kumar. 2003.
- 220. Effects of Financial Globalization on Developing Countries: Some Empirical Evidence, by Eswar S. Prasad, Kenneth Rogoff, Shang-Jin Wei, and Ayhan Kose. 2003.
- 219. Economic Policy in a Highly Dollarized Economy: The Case of Cambodia, by Mario de Zamaroczy and Sopanha Sa. 2003.
- 218. Fiscal Vulnerability and Financial Crises in Emerging Market Economies, by Richard Hemming, Michael Kell, and Axel Schimmelpfennig. 2003.
- 217. Managing Financial Crises: Recent Experience and Lessons for Latin America, edited by Charles Collyns and G. Russell Kincaid. 2003.
- 216. Is the PRGF Living Up to Expectations? An Assessment of Program Design, by Sanjeev Gupta, Mark Plant, Benedict Clements, Thomas Dorsey, Emanuele Baldacci, Gabriela Inchauste, Shamsuddin Tareq, and Nita Thacker. 2002.
- 215. Improving Large Taxpayers’ Compliance: A Review of Country Experience, by Katherine Baer. 2002.
Note: For information on the titles and availability of Occasional Papers not listed, please consult the IMF’s Publications Catalog or contact IMF Publication Services.