- Dhaneshwar Ghura, Anupam Basu, and Anthony Calamitsis
- Published Date:
- October 2000
The Economic Issues Series
- Growth in East Asia: What We Can and What We Cannot Infer. Michael Sarel. 1996.
- Does the Exchange Rate Regime Matter for Inflation and Growth? Atish R. Ghosh, Anne-Marie Gulde, Jonathan D. Ostry, and Holger Wolf. 1996.
- Confronting Budget Deficits. 1996.
- Fiscal Reforms That Work. C. John McDermott and Robert F. Wescott. 1996.
- Transformations to Open Market Operations: Developing Economies and Emerging Markets. Stephen H. Axilrod. 1996.
- Why Worry About Corruption? Paolo Mauro. 1997.
- Sterilizing Capital Inflows. Jang-Yung Lee. 1997.
- Why Is China Growing So Fast? Zuliu Hu and Mohsin S. Khan. 1997.
- Protecting Bank Deposits. Gillian G. Garcia. 1997.
- Deindustrialization—Its Causes and Implications. Robert Rowthorn and Ramana Ramaswamy. 1997.
- Does Globalization Lower Wages and Export Jobs? Matthew J. Slaughter and Phillip Swagel. 1997.
- Roads to Nowhere: How Corruption in Public Investment Hurts Growth. Vito Tanzi and Hamid Davoodi. 1998.
- Fixed or Flexible? Getting the Exchange Rate Right in the 1990s. Francesco Caramazza and Jahangir Aziz. 1998.
- Lessons from Systemic Bank Restructuring. Claudia Dziobek and Ceyla Pazarbaşioğlu. 1998.
- Inflation Targeting as a Framework for Monetary Policy. Guy Debelle, Paul Masson, Miguel Savastano, and Sunil Sharma. 1998.
- Should Equity Be a Goal of Economic Policy? IMF Fiscal Affairs Department. 1998.
- Liberalizing Capital Movements: Some Analytical Issues. Barry Eichengreen, Michael Mussa, Giovanni Dell’Ariccia, Enrica Detragiache, Gian Maria Milesi-Ferretti, and Andrew Tweedie. 1999.
- Privatization in Transition Countries: Lessons of the First Decade. Oleh Havrylyshyn and Donal McGettigan. 1999.
- Hedge Funds: What Do We Really Know? Barry Eichengreen and Donald Mathieson. 1999.
- Job Creation: Why Some Countries Do Better. Pietro Garibaldi and Paolo Mauro. 2000.
- Improving Governance and Fighting Corruption in the Baltic and CIS Countries: The Role of the IMF. Thomas Wolf and Emine Gürgen. 2000.
- The Challenge of Predicting Economic Crises. Andrew Berg and Catherine Pattillo. 2000.
- Promoting Growth in Sub-Saharan Africa: Learning What Works. Anupam Basu, Evangelos A. Calamitsis, and Dhaneshwar Ghura. 2000
Anupam Basu is a Deputy Director in the IMF’s African Department. He is a graduate of the London School of Economics and Political Science and holds a Ph.D. from Stanford University.
Evangelos A. Calamitsis retired from the IMF in November 1998. He was previously the Director of the IMF’s African Department. He is a graduate of The American University in Cairo and received his Ph.D. in Economics from Harvard University.
Dhaneshwar Ghura is a Deputy Division Chief in the IMF’s African Department, and received his Ph.D. in Economics from North Carolina State University.