Fiscal Monitor, September 2011 : Addressing Fiscal Challenges to Reduce Economic Risks
Show Summary DetailsYou are not logged in and do not have access to this content. Please login or, to subscribe to IMF eLibrary, please click here
Fiscal Monitor, September 2011
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Reassuring Markets about Fiscal Sustainability in the Euro Area
- 3. The Dog That Didn’t Bark (So Far): Low Interest Rates in the United States and Japan
- 4. Too Good to Be True? Fiscal Developments in Emerging Economies
- 5. The Legacy of the Crisis: How Long Will It Take to Lower Public Debt?
- 6. Confronting Trade-Offs: Accommodating Spending Pressures in Low-Income Countries
- 7. Conclusion
- Appendix 1. “Fiscal Devaluation”: What Is It—and Does It Work?
- Appendix 2. Insights for Privatization Plans from Previous Large Episodes
- Appendix 3. The Importance of Monitoring Both Gross and Net Debt
- Appendix 4. Stock-Flow Adjustments and Their Determinants
- Methodological and Statistical Appendix