Toward a Monetary Union in the East African Community : Asymmetric Shocks, Exchange Rates, and Risk-Sharing Mechanisms
Show Summary Details
You are not logged in and do not have access to this content. Please login or, to subscribe to IMF eLibrary, please click here
Toward a Monetary Union in the East African Community
- 1. How Susceptible Are the EAC Economies to Asymmetric Shocks?
- 2. Does the Exchange Rate Cause or Absorb Shocks in the EAC Countries?
- 3. Risk Sharing and Other Mechanisms to Mitigate the Impact of Shocks
- 4. Conclusions
- Appendix I. Exchange Rate Classification Codes
- Appendix II. Country Specifications in the SVAR
- Appendix III. Impulse Response Functions
- Appendix IV. Variance Decompositions