Part II: Institutions, Rules, and Fiscal Councils
- Vitor Gaspar, Sanjeev Gupta, and Carlos Mulas-Granados
- Published Date:
- April 2017
Show Summary Details
- Chapter 10. Political Institutions, State Building, and Tax Capacity: Crossing the Tipping Point
- Chapter 11. Fiscal Discipline and Exchange Rates: Does Politics Matter?
- Chapter 12. Expenditure Rules: Effective Tools for Sound Fiscal Policy?
- Chapter 13. Fiscal Rules to Tame the Political Budget Cycle: Evidence from Italian Municipalities
- Chapter 14. On the Determinants of Fiscal Noncompliance: An Empirical Analysis of Spanish Regions
- Chapter 15. Budget Institutions in Low-Income Countries
- Chapter 16. Fiscal Watchdogs and Sound Fiscal Policy: Is the Barking Loud Enough to Tame Politicians?