- International Monetary Fund
- Published Date:
- May 1998
The Economic Issues Series
1. Growth in East Asia: What We Can and What We Cannot Infer. Michael Sarel. 1996.
2. Does the Exchange Rate Regime Matter for Inflation and Growth? Atish R. Ghosh, Anne-Marie Gulde, Jonathan D. Ostry, and Holger Wolf. 1996.
3. Confronting Budget Deficits. 1996.
4. Fiscal Reforms That Work. C. John McDermott and Robert F. Wescott. 1996.
5. Transformations to Open Market Operations: Developing Economies and Emerging Markets. Stephen H. Axilrod. 1996.
6. Why Worry About Corruption? Paolo Mauro. 1997.
7. Sterilizing Capital Inflows. Jang-Yung Lee. 1997.
8. Why Is China Growing So Fast? Zuliu Hu and Mohsin S. Khan. 1997.
9. Protecting Bank Deposits. Gillian G. Garcia. 1997.
10. Deindustrialization—Its Causes and Implications. Robert Rowthorn and Ramana Ramaswamy. 1997.
11. Does Globalization Lower Wages and Export Jobs? Matthew J. Slaughter and Phillip Swagel. 1997.
12. Roads to Nowhere: How Corruption in Public Investment Hurts Growth. Vito Tanzi and Hamid Davoodi. 1998.
13. Fixed or Flexible? Getting the Exchange Rate Right in the 1990s. Francesco Caramazza and Jahangir Aziz. 1998.
14. Lessons from Systemic Bank Restructuring. Claudia Dziobek and Ceyla Pazarbaşioğlu. 1998.
Claudia Dziobek is a consultant in the Monetary and Exchange Affairs Department of the IMF.
Ceyla Pazarbaşioğlu is an Economist in the IMF’s European I Department.