Subscriptions and prices
- Individual Subscriptions:
Subscribe to the IMF eLibrary, and gain access to over 17,000 publications and a wealth of data, for $250 per year (Region C). Individual subscriptions for emerging countries (Region B) are $125 per year, and developing countries (Region A) are $10 per year. Please refer to country list here. Discounts will be applied during the checkout process. Subscriptions will be activated following the purchase process through the IMF Bookstore using a valid credit card, and accepting the single-user license agreement. Free trials are not available for individual subscribers. Read FREE previews of IMF Publications.
Institutions are not permitted to use individual subscriptions. Individual subscription access is for the personal use of one person. Individual subscriptions will not allow multiple users. Misuse of individual subscription access will result in the cancellation of individual subscriptions.
- Institutional Subscriptions:
If your institution does not currently subscribe to the IMF eLibrary, you may request a free trial for your institution. For more details of our eLibrary collections, please view our brochure.
- Free Institutional Subscriptions for Developing Countries:
Current IMF policy allows free access for academic, non-profit, and government institutions in developing countries, in order to provide more support for research. The Free Subscription Policy page has details and a list of eligible countries.
IMF eLibrary Collections
IMF publications are grouped into the following collections for easier browsing.
Books and Analytical Papers
Gain access to our thought leadership, unique studies, and important research.
• Departmental Papers / Policy Papers
• Economic Issues
• EXR Pamphlets
• IMF Policy Discussion Papers
• IMF Special Issues
• IMF Staff Country Reports
• IMF Staff Discussion Notes (January 2011 - to date)
• IMF Staff Position Notes (Jan. 2009 - Nov. 2010; see IMF Staff Discussion Notes)
• IMF Working Papers
• Occasional Papers
• Seminar Volumes
Authorative IMF data and research resources delivered through online tools.
• Balance of Payments Statistics
• Direction of Trade Statistics
• Government Finance Statistics
• International Financial Statistics
• Manuals and Guides
• Other Statistical Electronic Products
• Other Statistical Products
• Technical Notes & Manuals
Periodicals and Reports
Nothing compares to our reports on where the global economy has been and may be heading.
• International Monetary Fund Annual Report of the Executive Board
• Annual Report on Exchange Arrangements and Exchange Restrictions
• Articles of Agreement
• By-Laws, Rules, & Regulations
• Finance & Development magazine
• Fiscal Monitor
• Global Financial Stability Report
• IMF Research Bulletin
• IMF Staff Papers
• IMF Survey
• Independent Evaluation Office Reports
• MIscellaneous Publicaitons (other)
• Other Official Reports and Documents
• Other Periodicals
• Regional Economic Outlook Reports
• Selected Decisions
• Summary Proceedings
• World Economic and Financial Surveys
• World Economic Outlook